Outfit // Side Street Sitter

26 September 2012


Some of my favorite people watching ever has most definitely been done on the stylishly-walked streets of SoHo. I could just sit there for hours listening to music and observing the numerous people walking by about their day. The energy in this part of town is always abundant and I just love being a part of it.  Anytime I am having a bad day or feeling homesick I always come here and all those feelings are  simply wiped away. Doing this is basically my equivalent of long drives on the highway, windows down, blasting tunes... an activity I often enjoyed back in Texas. It's piece of solitude amongst chaos  and I'll never be too busy to set time aside for moments like this.

Anyway, enough rambling. I have been looking forward to showing you all this little mini dress I thrifted when I went back down south a few weeks ago. When I found it in the thrift shop it was anything but mini... it went all the way down to my ankles and was about ten sizes too big. But I saw the potential in it (I couldn't say goodbye to that beautiful print!) and took it home for some mending. Now it is one of my favorite itty bitty dresses to pair with rugged denim and boots. 

Hope you all are having a lovely Wednesday! 



wearing: dress & bag- Vintage; boots c/o Dolce Vita; hat c/o Block Headwear; necklace c/o Fred Flare; headphones- Urban Ears; Turqouise ring c/o Robyn Rhodes

34 comments :

Marie said...

I love your boots!!
xx

http://basicstateofmind.blogspot.fr/

Unknown said...

Cute boots!! I like the print of the dress as well. Good find!

allisonatwork.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

So beautiful ! ♥

Anonymous said...

beautiful dress!
love this combination of autumn-colours:)

bisous:*

Andrea said...

very pretty as always!

Katie Frank said...

oh i do love this dress, it's to die for <3
you look too cute <3

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love doing that to thrift finds! It's so fun finding something too long, too big, or too bulky and taking it home to re-make it into something beautiful, unique, and wearable!! Fabulous job, too. :)

Natali said...

Such a gorgeous dress! Love your style :)

http://lartoffashion.blogspot.com

Bodil Loïs Huisman said...

Amazing dress and boots!

LOVE BO,
PurePreciousPerfection.blogspot.com

Jan said...

Loving the boots! :)

xo,
janmloves.blogspot.com

ahoymichelle said...

What an amazing find at the thrift store! Love the print!

Michelle
www.michelleesque.com

Live-Style20 said...

cute make up ; DDD

www.live-style20.blogspot.com

new post /!!! :))

Comer, Blogar , Amar... said...

love this t shirt


xoxo
Kammy
www.ComerBlogarAmar.com.br

alivegurl said...

What a lovely makeover you gave that dress, Bonnie! If only there were more than one. I'd love to purchase one too ;)

Akilah -Smoothiefreak- said...

Are those headphones from Urban Ears? I love that color! I really want the pumpkin ones!

xo - Akilah
http://www.itsakilahobviously.com

The Fancy Teacup said...

Super cute look- the dress and headphones are so much fun!

www.TheFancyTeacup.com

Henna X. said...

your headphones are so cute!

Roos' notes | Roos said...

Such an amazing outfit, defenitely gives me some autumn feelings :')

www.laceandpearlsbyroos.com

Jennifer said...

This is my kind of go to outfit for the warmer fall days. Lovely!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Xenia said...

Cute photos! Stunning boots!

From www.xeanafashion.com

Hattitude said...

Hattitude Style Blog

love this dress bonnie. what kind of sewing machine do you have? i'm taking a class starting the 15th and need to invest in one.

talk soon wild child
-Hattie
Hattitude Style Blog

Meg! said...

Amazing dress. I used to buy things like that, planning to hem or alter them later, but I rarely if ever get 'round to it. So glad you did on this one, it's gorgeous!

Am2Pm Chic said...

Adorable boots, I love the easy vibe of this look.
xoxo
Christy

http://www.am2pmchic.com/

Becoming Refined said...

The boots are so cool, love them paired with the dress.

Inês Brito said...

Too beautiful ♡

Phara said...

love all these items together, great boots!
X

Unknown said...

Amazing! Check out these authentic discounted handbags on our site!

Hannelore said...

Oh wow, you look gorgeous!

Jenna Hughes said...

lovely vintage dress!

http://underthefluorescents.blogspot.com/

Alexia Mickens said...

You make my vintage dress dreams come true! I also love your boots! Dolce Vita?

xx, alexia Leather Bomber

James(and)AnneMarie said...

you wear that dress well! x

annem
iLOVE

cheap clothes said...

Very good looking dress. I like your boot so much. Your leap are very cute.

Stephanie Loudmouth said...

One of my favorite outfits ever in the world. Pinning!!

Anonymous said...

This is very cute!!!
+Victoria+

 

© Flashes of Style All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger