Salted Caramel Apple Pie

29 November 2012


One of my absolute favorite winter treats is a nice slice of warm apple pie. After browsing Pinterest for hours, I got inspired to combine to of my favorite things- salted caramel and apple pie! It's a fun twist on the traditional dessert, and only takes a few extra steps to achieve. So here is how ya make it!  


What you will need:

2 pie crusts (one for the lattice top)
5 granny smith apples
 1 tablespoon butter
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon 
3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
1/2 cup of sugar
2 teaspoons sea salt
1/2 cup of packed brown sugar
1/4 cup of water

Steps:

 1.) First you will need to make the salted caramel sauce. Combine the water, sugar, flour and salt in a pan on medium-high, stirring until sugar and salt are dissovled. Switch temperature to medium until mixture is a light brown color. Stir in cream, butter, vanilla, brown sugar and cinnamon and let simmer.
2.) Meanwhile you can get your crust and apples ready. I like to use Pillsbury doughboy ready-made refrigerated crust. Of course you can make homemade crust as well. Place crust on bottom of pan, then cut apples and place them into a small mound in pie crust. Cover apples with a lattice crust top.
3.) Gently pour the salted caramel sauce over crust, covering the top completely. It will sink into the apples while baking.
4.) Bake for 15 minutes at 450 degrees, then reduce to 350 for 35-40 minutes.

Let cool and serve with vanilla ice cream for an extra tasty treat!


Hope you all enjoy!

   Bloglovin' | Twitter | Facebook | Tumblr | Pinterest

24 comments :

anto said...

Great recipe. It looks so good! I can't wait to try it.

Aleksandra Skorupan said...

Yummy ♥

Amy N. said...

Ahhhhh that looks delicious!!!

Unknown said...

These pies looks so good!!! I've had green apple pie before and I like it better than regular apple pie!

Oreleona said...

Looks suprr yummy!!

Nop said...

yummyyy....look so delicious... I am not good at cooking so maybe I will just go to bakery :p

Marie said...

Yummy!
xx

http://basicstateofmind.blogspot.fr/

Natali said...

Mmm, this sounds and looks delicious! I have to try the recipe at home :)

http://lartoffashion.blogspot.com

Aneta said...

Love your recipes! This looks sooo yummy, I need to try it!

Unknown said...

Aw Bonnie, how can you be so amazing? Your boy friend is so blessed! :P

xx

eliza said...

Oh gosh, this looks and sounds dreamy! I'll definitely have to give it a go. I LOVE apple pie and I LOVE caramel.

x

Morgan Erina said...

That looks amazing! I'm also glad I'm not the only one who looks at Pinterest longer than I probably should hehe

Henna X. said...

Oh, it looks so delicious!

Marti said...

That looks sooo yummy! :)

xoxo
http://cupofnovember.blogspot.com/

missamberlynn said...

LOVE THIS!!

Follow? http://missamberlynnn.blogspot.com/
<3

Roos' notes | Roos said...

That looks incredibly delicious! I'm defenitely going to try it once.

www.laceandpearlsbyroos.com

Unknown said...

Well that's something I'll be tasting soon(:
typemydays.blogspot.com
x

Evi said...

Yummy! Going to try it out!

Evi xoxo

The Notebook of a Fashion Lover

LittleMissLee said...

looks soooooooo yum! great for this time of yeah, yummmmmm

http://blogoftheprettythings.blogspot.co.uk/

xxx

Alaska Salmon Fishing said...

Hi, I just made this a while ago and it turned out amazing. Thank you so much for the recipe. :)

catarina said...

I made it! It was dElicious! :))

Lisa said...

Great recipe !!!

Informative URL for Goshen NY house cleaning click here said...

Gorgeous looking dish. Caramel apple pie is the best - the only kind I'll eat now.

Penelope Sanchez said...

While the recipe could have been clearer, the end result was absolutely delicious. One of the nicest pies I have ever tasted.

Mariz
Get Best Info for Maid Service Warwick NY information

 

© Flashes of Style All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger